The Shocking Truth
Take the official Shocking Truth quiz and see for yourself.
True or false?
- Due to out-of-control residential and commercial real estate development, total U. S. forest acreage is the smallest it has been in a century.
- Driven by economic injustice and environmental deterioration, infant and child mortality rates are surging in the developing world.
- Globalization is taking its toll on the world’s poorest people, with the poverty rate spiraling out of control over the past two decades.
- Cost analysis for standard grocery items (including eggs, meat, butter, coffee, etc.), when weighed against average wages, shows these items to be six times more affordable today than a century ago.
- As the overall rate of US violent crime continues to grow, women stand a greater risk than ever of being sexually assaulted.
- Toxins in the environment are believed to be the primary cause of the rapidly growing US mortality rates associated with cancer.
- The current acceleration of population growth will lead to a doubling of the planet’s total population within a century if left unchecked.
- Studies throughout the developed world, but in the U.S. in particular, show a rapid global drop in intelligence correlated with more hours spent watching TV and playing video games.
- Sub-Saharan Africa has been experiencing an economic boom for the past two decades, and is estimated to provide the best return on investment of any developing region in the world.
- We live in the most violent period in human history.
How did you do? Answers to be revealed on this week's edition of The World Transformed.